Saturday, December 1, 2012

Martin Kippenberger

Photo by Elfie Semotan


For the past few weeks I have been reading “Kippenberger The Artist and His Family.” The book is written by Martin’s sister Susanne Kippenberger. It has been a very enjoyable read and although I am not finished I wanted to share a quote of Martin’s.


Speaking of books:
“I use every means I can to make something that will last, that will speak for itself. Because I think that before I get the other kinds of ‘recognition,’ like hanging in a museum,’ I’d need to see the museum directors hanging in a museum. And that won’t happen.”

I have also found a strong affinity for printed material: books, pamphlets, brochures, post cards. Unlike an exhibition that has an end date, these materials will last and reach wide audiences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment