Saturday, October 6, 2012

Ten Essentials

For some time now GQ.com has asked writers, actors, artists and others to create lists of ten essential items. Ten items one cannot do without. The idea of creating a list of just ten items, of simplifying our complicated lives to such a small number has intrigued me. What would I choose? Here is my list in no particular order.



1. Ray-Ban wayfarer sunglasses. They are a classic piece and can be worn with almost anything.
2. Thelonious Monk's Underground. A fantastic record, even the cover is outlandish.
3.  Dr. Bronner's almond soap. The best smelling soap I have ever used.
4. Miller High Life 16oz can. A pint of cold refreshing beer without frills.
5. From Russia With Love by Ian Fleming. I have read all the bond books and this is my favorite. 
6. The Art of Shaving Pure Badger Hair Brush. My wife got me this for my birthday and I love it. The brush actually makes shaving fun.
7. White undershirts. I actually feel more comfortable wearing them, they also help protect my outer shirt.
8.  J.crew Slub Polo. A very soft comfortable shirt.
9. Cole Haan shoes. Really well designed shoes, I have a few pairs
10. Altoids. They taste great.

No comments:

Post a Comment